Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: 11/28/2010 Thanksgiving week


Hey fam,
The training this week was really good. We set some goals to plan more effectively and talk about the lessons we had that day rather than just count the numbers like usual. Also we have a lot of work to do with our area book that's also one of our companionship goals is to fix it up and update it. Elder K is a really hard working missionary I'm really excited to serve with him. We have a goal to study the Christlike Attributes everyday and try to develop and become more familiar with them. This week we met with a non active member that Elder Z and I couldn't meet with even though we tried and tried. He has a really strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. He also wants his girlfriend to met with us. So we are seeing progress there. Elder Z and I had a good lesson with N before he left about Joseph Smith. Then we met with her again and read 2 Nephi chapter 2 and talked about the Plan of Salvation. We just need to teach simply and powerfully these next two weeks to get her ready for the 11th.
I really do miss Elder Z a lot but its okay I'll see him at Christmas. Its different with this new comp but everything will be okay. I know the Lord puts us with who we need to be with when we need to be. For Thanksgiving here we went to an Armenian restaurant it was pretty good. Sounds like it was a blast there! Hope you gave everyone my love and told them all that I am thankful for each and everyone of them!! I am the most blessed person on this earth. I'm pretty sure of it. What great family and friends I have and what a great opportunity to serve the Lord. You guys are great. I'm really thankful for family and the support and strength you give me. I'm always glad to get your letters. I do have a goal to "come what may and love it." When we aren't happy its pretty much always our choice we can ask the Lord why me? or we can ask what can I learn from this? That's been my motto for the mish and I have found it to be effective. So I know that everything will be alright. Ill be going to the temple this week on Wed in Helsinki I'm excited. It's just what I need right now. I miss the temple a lot. Such a great strength you get there that you cant get anywhere else.

For Christmas we will go to President Allcotts house which will be great! Some apartments have Tree's some don't. We do are own little celebrations though. It's cool to listen to Christmas music all the time at the Zone Leaders. Josh Grobans CD is way good. I can't wait for the forgotten carols though. My language is improving really fast its pretty much all I speak now but I still feel like I struggle. My companion is pretty tall probably 6 feet ++ and huge.He has been a member since age 11, his family are members too. His parents are active but his sister isn't. He knows the scriptures really well and the language haha. He has been in the country 3 months less than me. N's brother is doing good he is still reading the Book of Mormon we haven't met with him yet. Also N brought another friend M to English club so there is another potential:) We haven't been able to get a hold of A this week :( but its okay we are going to keep trying. As for sacrament meeting I have only bore my testimony when they ask us to. We want the members to do all that they can. So where there is enough members they should talk and missionaries just be in the crowd.
I love you lots.
Love Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment