Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Hey Fam, It was soo great to chat with you guys! Like you all said it brings a tear to my eye as well but also like you said, it is tears of JOY!! I'm grateful that I have such a wonderful supportive family. You guys are awesome! Seriously if you only knew how much you help me :) I'm thankful for the knowledge that families can be together forever. This morning after our call I read one of my favorite talks. "Our Perfect Example" by President Eyering. It helped me when he gave it and it helps me now. He talks a lot about love and how its the reason for a lot of the things we do. Like in my letter a few weeks ago Charity and Love really are so important in the lives of the saints. My favorite line is the heading "The message of the Restored Gospel is that we CAN and must EXPECT to become better." The Savior is our perfect example the more we learn of him the more we desire to become like him that’s our goal in life, to become like Christ. It talks about how the family was created so we can know the love of God. That the times of greatest sorrow and the times of greatest joy come from the family. If families are built upon the gospel the happier they will be. If there is a wayward child there is always hope and love can change them. Just like the prodigal son. I'm thankful that I have such a family that is built upon the right principles. I also like what it says on his mothers or grandmothers gravestone. "Please, no empty chairs." That's because like it says in the article that it is all our individual choices that will lead us to live together if we make the right ones. Love is the reason, if we love God then we follow his commandments. The Savior is truly our perfect example. When I think of him I try to comprehend how much love he has for us. And of course I can't comprehend but I'm guessing its like my love towards my family times infinity or something. :) I love you guys so much. read that article! I love Christmas I love the hymns I love the spirit about it and just everything. It was so great to talk to you all even if i do struggle a little bit speaking English at times. haha thank you :) This week was an amazing week. We had a plan to baptize N~ on Saturday it didn't happen but it was still an amazing week. We met with her almost everyday and it helped her a lot. Our last meeting we started a fast with her the day before and said we would close our fast together the next day. We read from last years Ensign "Joseph Smith- Prophet of the Restoration." In that article it addresses her doubts one by one. About the Godhead, Three kingdoms, and the Apostasy. Elder K~ and I have prayed and pondered a lot on what we needed to teach her and we know that what we taught was just what the Lord wanted and N~ needed. We knelt down and closed our fast together and N~ offered the prayer. We all felt that she is ready but she was a little scared to do it the next day. So we set a new date for this Friday the 31st. We are planning to met with her everyday before that to get her ready. We have been blessed to know what to teach and how to help her. Also i really love that little Christus that you sent me but I think that i will give it to N~ when she gets baptized because she loves that statue in Salt Lake i just thought it would be nice. I am glad to hear that the family is all doing so well. Sounds like Christmas was a blast. Tell everyone that I love them and miss them again haha. Tell The Coleman Christmas party hello from me. love you lots! Love Car LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment