Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

Hey family,

This week really was great. We focused a lot on finding new
investigators and talking to more people whenever we get the chance. Of
course we still need to improve but we did a lot better. It has been over a year and no baptisms here in T~. We were in district meeting and decided to set some goals to strengthen the branch and build up Zion. We set a goal to have 5 baptisms this month, which will be amazing! We are already seeing great results of our efforts and faith .Right after we set those goals, we had a few miracles happen. There is going to be 2 baptisms this week, both the zone leaders investigators A~ and D~. Which is awesome! A~ is golden. He just found the church by himself. The Holy Ghost showed him the way. He said he heard a voice that said go and He didn’t know where to go. So the next morning he got up and went and found what he was looking for. He is the sweetest guy in the world with a beard. I’ll send a pic next week he is so funny. When he prayed he heard a choir and it told him that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. He is the man! Then the zone leaders received a referral from church headquarters which is the first time that has happened in a zone I’ve been in. Then A~ called Elder Y~ and I and wanted to meet randomly. She is golden. She just got the invitations that we hand out and decided to call on Friday. We have a lot of work to do and have to set some major goals. It’s been really great to already see that she is making changes in her life. She is an orphan and had a really hard life. I think that being at church and hearing about the gospel is one of the first times that she has ever felt love in her life. She has a desire to change her life and accepted a baptismal date for the 19th. But I'm sure that we will need to move it back a week or two because of the problems that she has. But I’m sure that she will be baptized by the end of the month so the Lord is blessing us immensely. There are a few other candidates that are potential, but those are the ones that are close now.

Haha yeah it was fun to do that remodeling at the church but unfortunately, I didn’t
take pictures :( sorry I forgot my camera each time we did work and everyone else did too. Glad to hear that you guys did work this week too and got the remodel done that’s sweet. Sounds like it was a blast. :) haha Candace is hilarious. And yes I do remember jamming out in my room I still do that only with spiritual music now. haha I still got the dancing moves to go with it.;)

Here the houses are like they are in New York City. Just huge apartment buildings and that’s it. If you have your own house, it’s out of the city. I have only met a few people that have their own house. Everyone just lives in apartments like us. Only usually ours are bigger and nicer
and we only have two people living there, when they have multiple generations living in an apartment. Here in T~ it’s a very rich city so actually you see a lot of people with nice apartments and maybe it’s their own too. I don’t really know how to answer if family ties are important here because it seems like the majority just live together and that’s it. They don’t really talk to each other or maybe that’s just when we are there. Plumbing is sometimes great sometimes terrible. haha Sorry if that’s kind of broad answers to your questions.

I also hope that I will be able to go to the temple soon! My visa ends the 28th of Feb so around then I should have the chance. :) :) :) I also love white clothing everyone seems to look so great in white and it’s on the best occasions. Baptisms and temples, what more could be better? I also really love testimony meetings! They have such a great spirit and they invite the spirit and He testifies of truth! It’s the best sacraments for investigators to attend. I love it.

Yeah, T~ is pretty big. It’s not as big as Ekat, Ufa, Chely or Perm but it has a lot of people. Also it is a really clean and a really rich city. There are great people here just as there is everywhere :) as for those cute hats? Haha I haven’t bought one yet but I will have before I come home. :) It is warming up so I am not going to buy boots. But today probably I will buy a new suit because that grey one I found is now shredded pretty much. So sorry :( Next week I will get you a picture of my comp. It is his last week on his mission!! Oh yeah and I won’t write next Monday. We have zone conference so I will write later in the week or something. My camera is great. I think the card still has room but Idk how to know if it does or not. Maybe a new card to be safe would be good but I can buy that here. As for internet we just use Internet Clubs. As for day light right now it’s about the same as Utah i would guess.

Tell G ma and G pa to be careful!! Geez they both need a spanking. Always wanting to play in the sun like little kids! ;) Cohen is such a cutie. I love to hear his stories and that he thinks Elder Z~ is Russia. haha. Crazy, he soon will be two and I will soon be a year on the Mish! Time is flying by. Big Al is a stud hitting the buzzer beater! Sounds like all is well at home. I love you guys with all my heart. Keep the faith!
Love Carson
Pray for A~ and M~ and V~. I pray for you guys everyday multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment