Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, February 28, 2011

Hey Hey Hey,



Sounds like things at home have been crazy but awesome as well. Its important to help each other out and build and strengthen those bonds that we already have. I really love reading the letters from home :) I have the best family in the world! You guys are so supportive and its wonderful. You really do assist in the Lords work more than you know. I love to hear that you are all helping and supporting one another at home too because that really is important and what makes a family strong. "Families that play together, stay together." ;) haha but seriously. The story of Candace being lost was a great testimony builder to me and brought a tear to my eye. It also was a great object lesson that sometimes we can't see whats ahead of us and what trials and tribulations are to come. And sometimes to be honest it seems that, that is all that is coming is trials and tribulations. That's why we trust in the Lord and ask him "Lead thou me on." The path is dark and it seems as if we are far from home at times but if we put our trust in the Lord and give our all to him and walk by faith to the edge of darkness or even a step into the darkness then the Lord will light the way. He will lead us by the hand. The darkness will become light unto us. We are never alone. because of what the Savior did for us we are never alone. We always have the Lord there to lead us on if we will just put our trust in him. I'm thankful that the Lord sends us angels to watch over us. I really like 2 Nephi 4:20-24 when Nephi is feeling a little down and depressed by the things that so easily beset him. Then he remembers the greatness and goodness of the Lord that when we pour out our hearts to him he hears us when we lift our voices to the heavens. He has been our strength and our support. And he truly has sent angels to be with us and serve us. Those angels can and are at times spirits from the unseen world, our brothers and sisters who do help us along the way and give us comfort and support. But also those angels can and are living people in the world today. We can be those angels for someone if we will look and give a helping hand or even just a smile to someone who is having a hard day. I can't count the times that one or multiple letters that I have received have been exactly what I needed to hear and that all of you as my family and my friends have been angels to me sent to help me from the Lord. All you that send me letters brighten my day. I want to thank all you angels that have written me in a time of need and maybe not even known that you helped me so much. Members of the ward reaching out, friends, family, and just everyone who the Lord has sent to help one another. I can't count how many times in my life that I felt down or discouraged and then a friend came along and helped. I know that Mom and Jamie were angels to Candace that night and that she wasn't alone. The Lord loves us so much its incredible. That story was a great strength to me.


So this week was amazing. A~ got baptised!! It is so great to see a person make so many changes and really come to know the Lord and partake of the sweetness of the gospel. She has had a lot of trials in her life and I'm sure that many are still to come. But now she has support of the members, she has the Holy Ghost to help and guide her along the path and she making choices to return to live with our Father in Heaven. It's awesome to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ just makes people sooo happy. It really is true happiness. After she was baptized she was so light and happy she couldn't stop giggling and you could just see the light and joy in her countenance. The same thing happened after we gave her the Holy Ghost she was just so happy. The Lord is blessing the work. The work will go on! :)


Kiev was great even though we just stayed in the airport. Got my new visa and returned to Russia. In Russia we waited in line for 5 hours at passport control which wasn't fun but whatever haha. An~is doing good he texted us this morning and said that he is planning on coming back soon and that I better have a picture to give to him of us two together haha. He's awesome. Jobs aren't so easy to find and pay is terrible here. There is a lot of work but the pay is terrible, so I hear. I think that its awesome that Rust will be our new mission president. It really is a small world. Elder W is amazing. I have learned a lot from him. He is super diligent and focused I feel really confident and good about the work that will go forward here in Tyumen. Well I g2g Love you all! tell Julie thanks for the letter it was sooo great to hear from them. Happy B-day to Jess and I hope that his baptism is awesome! I'm sure it will be. And yes he needs to stop rolling in the mud. ;) haha love you lots.
Love
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment