Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, March 14, 2011

Dear Fam,

Hey things this week were good. We had a really hard working week and focused on finding a lot. We did find two new investigators I~ and C~. So I hope that we are going to be able to meet with them regularly and help them recognize how the gospel is needed to everyone and how it helps everyone. A~ is doing amazing! She brought a referral to one of our meetings with her which was a miracle in itself because I~, the guy that was supposed to come on the meeting couldn't help us and he had just called us 10 mins before it was going to start. We have a rule that we aren't allowed to meet with women when there isn't a man there and the meeting was at the church. So we were feeling a little down because we had two meetings drop through already that day. We were going to have to wait for A~ and tell her that we couldn't meet because I~ didn't come. So I started fiddling around on the piano remembering my old skills haha and she rings the doorbell to the church so Elder W looked out the peep hole to see who it is and It was A~ with a man. I was still walking into the room and he yells "Elder! its a miracle she brought somebody we can have the meeting and get a new investigator!" It was great. He was just some guy that she met on the street on the way to the meeting. He was not open when we met but it was amazing that she brought him. Then after our meeting we see them in the park sitting on the bench and she is talking with him about the gospel. He was very strong in his religion but it was great that she is sharing the gospel. Though he actually didn't become a new investigator it was great to see her testimony grow and her efforts put forth. She is growing and learning. Also she has another friend that we are going to meet with soon hopefully she brings her to F.H.E tonight. It was a little bit of a bummer at first we had 0 investigators come to our F.H.E last week for our finding activity but the Zone Leaders had one who used to be ours before we passed her over. Her name is O I wrote about her when I first got here she was the first investigator that we had at sacrament meeting when I first got here. So anyways she was there and it was perfect for her. We played games in the beginning. Then shared John 3:16-17 then watched "Finding Faith in Christ" Then after we read Alma 7:11-14 my favorite scriptures about the Atonement that talks about how Christ took EVERYTHING upon himself. We discussed the verses and then had the members that were there testify. After the meeting we were eating cookies and she says to the Zone Leaders I only have two more meetings with you then I can be baptised right? haha what a miracle. It was a bummer at first that no one came but it turned out to be a great night! she will be baptised on Friday. :) :) :)

Thank you so much for your letter. I am super happy and I do love my mission and find joy in doing the work of the Lord in obedience. This last week was pretty tough and I found myself thinking that I didn't deserve the things I was going through. However I did deserve them! All the trials and tribulations that we were going through was just what we needed. Sometimes we are blind and can't see why we are having trials and tribulations. But we know from the scriptures that the Lord does prepare a way and also that he will not give us trials or temptations that we cannot suffer. We pushed through our trials and tribulations and we did see many miracles along the way. We see many miracles everyday the Lord blesses us and knows exactly what we need always. I needed to be more humble, patient, and loving. And through all the trials I did grow in ways I can't explain. I know that the Lord provided a way always. He is my strength and my salvation. Thank you so much for that great talk it was amazing!! You guys always seem to send just what I need to hear. I didn't hear about that earthquake at all until today that is terrible. I'm glad that all the missionaries are safe. The Lord watches over and blesses us. We have a great calling and there is no greater work.

I try super hard to be 100% obedient I do slip and make mistakes sometimes but I really do have a testimony of obedience a HUGE testimony of it. I have seen so many miracles and great things happen thanks to the focus and obedience we have here in our mission. I love you all, with all my heart. Thank the fam for the letters. I don't have time to write anyone else today. Tell al that I will get him a letter soon for sure and that I love him and am super proud of the growth that I have seen in him. He is going to be a super great missionary and we are best buds for life. He can count on that. And give them all my love too. :) I love you guys so much. Thanks for the support that you all give to me.
Love,
Elder Buxton

1 comment:

  1. OF COURSE they are going to be best buds for life!!! Everything Buck does, Big Al is addicted too!!! :) ...It's sure nice to have someone that his mom doesn't mind if he "shadows"

    Love ya Buck

    ReplyDelete