Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, April 18, 2011

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy that Avery came! She is the cutest little thing in the world, so precious. Nobody told me any weight or height info though so I'll be expecting that next week! WOW its been a great week. Yesterday was district conference in Ekat and N~ came from Chelyabinsk with O~! It was great to see them again. After conference they had a meeting for new converts and she got up and bore powerful testimony of the truth of the church. She expressed her thanks to her first missionaries and how they were so patient with her when she was a hard investigator and said they are in this building right now talking about the Ekat church. That was me and Elder Z unfortunately we weren't in the meeting to here but many told us about it. She came and told us goodbye and thank you so much for helping her find the truth and being patient with her. Because now she is having problems being patient with her brother because he is exactly like she was if not worse haha. Also she received her patriarchal blessing last month and is doing great. She told us that from her blessing, she knows that she needs to serve a mission. She had tears in her eyes when she was talking to us and it was hard for Elder Z and I not to cry too. It was the best feeling in the world. I know the scriptures are true when they say how great shall be your joy when you bring save but one soul into the kingdom of my Father. This is true happiness and only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring it. I know without a doubt that this church is true and that God loves and knows each and everyone of us personally. I have learned so much from my mission I am grateful for he tender mercies of the Lord and for the opportunity to meet great people like N~. She is amazing I have learned a lot from her and she will be a great missionary. The church is so true!!!

I am loving my companion. Who would have thought that even in the office you can have the best time of your life! haha. He is great and we teach really well in unity. We have a great zone. We didn't end up moving! :) Our land lady called and changed her mind so that was a HUGE blessing because the assistants were in Ufa and Perm this week, so we would have had to move everything by ourselves and it just would have been a mess. So that is great. Elder Z is doing great he is here at Internet with us today. He says cute baby and hello to everyone and that he loves you. I did receive a package and it had fruit drinks watermelons and peaches. :) perfect! If it is the one that you sent with Elder Z's then his didn't come yet. :( but I shared with him. Also his Birthday is coming up in a few weeks. We went on splits this week and it was amazing!!!!!! We saw many miracles together and had a great time. Unfortunately he is having a hard time right now at home. His sister is really sick and can't rest because she needs to work and take care of her kids so she is getting worse and had stroke :( So pray for her. He is a great example of faith to me because he is here and giving his all to the Lord. He has faith that things will get better. He really loves you guys so much though and is grateful for you. This week I will also be going to Kiev. There is a kind of a good chance that Elder Z and I will attend the temple but also maybe not, but that would be awesome.
Easter here is also big. Everyone on the street says to each other. "Jesus is risen." and then the other person replies. "Truly He is risen." It's great! I'm excited to see it. :) They color eggs and do stuff like that too. Ill let you know more about it when it happens. That is great to hear about Sasha!! We are going to go there tonight and have a meeting with his mom and his dad will be there too!!! So tell him Hi and thanks for a wonderful family!

That is great to hear about my friends back home!!!! Tell Paul that's amazing!! He'll be a great missionary, as he has been a great friend and helped me in my life so much. I love him with all my heart.
Well Family, thank you for all that you do and for your love and support.
I love you so much. I do miss you but I would rather be here right now than anywhere else! The work is great and I'm so happy. The church is true.
Love Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment