Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!!
Such a great day and week! Dinner with Sasha's family was great and they are such great people. His Dad was there and was such a nice guy, really nice. We read a little bit from Nephi 2 and answered his questions on what we do as missionaries. He is a professor at the university and has a firm belief in God. Sasha's mom is not baptized yet but I'm sure that she will be soon. It was funny, when we showed up, she told us her plan. She wanted to wait until Sasha and I returned from our missions and she could come to Utah and be baptized there, so we could both see. Then Elder Zhdanov came up with a better idea. She could get baptized here soon and then after our missions she could come to Utah and we could all go the temple together. :) I thought it was a great idea :) She also really wants her husband to be baptized too which is great. So tell Sasha that idea :) She is such a great lady and treats me like her son. haha. She wants to buy me a luggage bag and stuff. I told her that it's not needed. But she still wants to, so I hope I can get out of that.
Kiev was great as always. We almost got to attend the temple but the flight plans just didn't quite work out :( I miss it soooo much and I really want to go to the Kiev one!!! Elder Zhdanov is great and he always tell you guys hi if I ever forget to tell you. He thinks of you as family and loves you all so much. He hasn't got the package yet :( I hope it's not lost. For shirts I think that he would like a Jazz one a lot. Maybe two shirts one jazz, one other good brand that's popular for a t-shirt in America. Let Alex or Jamo pick it out or something. He is your Ukrainian son and you will more than likely meet him one day. He really wants to study at BYU so that would be cool. He is such a great friend. The mission really has been an enormous blessing to us all!
Easter was great. We had a special choir concert after church and we were in the choir. haha. We are quite the singers ;) They celebrate a lot like we do. They have eggs and color them and stuff. They also have giant cupcakes but its just bread with frosting on it and it symbolizes lots of things. I already told you about Christ is risen, truly He is risen saying that they say. Also they smash their eggs together to see who's is the toughest haha.
Jamie did forget to send pics or else her email didn't come but its okay I saw some great pics anyways. :) Everyone looks so good. Such cute little kids. It's crazy how fast they grow. Cant wait to play with them and liven up the party a little when I get home. I'm sure you're all bored with out the life of the party. ;) Just kidding but really, they will be great to play with. I'll be the favorite no doubt. ;) Their house looks really great too. I would really like a family pic of Jamie and Nate and Cohen its been awhile since I've seen them all together and what not. I want to see them all together. So get on that! please :)
There were so many miracles this week its amazing! Yesterday a man we talked to on the street came to church. He is the first investigator that our area has had at sacrament for a while. It's always a little funny when they walk in and we are all singing hymns and they have the funniest look on their face haha. I waved him over to me and he really enjoyed the meeting. Also yesterday we were walking on the street and we stopped a man that said he is baptized in our church and gave us his number and we gave him the new address of the church and he was really grateful. We looked in our area book but he is not in there so that is a tender mercy of the Lord. Hopefully we can meet with him and help him return to activity. Also we had a few great meetings with investigators. Aleksandr is doing well and we found a new one, Pavel and have a meeting set up for this week. We have a few great potentials that are looking good so hopefully that works out. The trip to Ukrain does not count as my trip because I need to get a new visa, not just an immigration card so it didn't count. I will go to Finland probably in a few weeks. The CD's did work besides the one that broke in half. haha I don't know why but they open all the bag type packages that you send and don't pack it very well after they rip it open. Russia mail is interesting. I have written a few people so they should be getting mail soon. I don't need conference in English anymore we already have it on CD. Life is great. Tell Trin that I'm proud of her and that I love her. Tell the whole fam! :) Thanks for all that you do. I am trying to send pics so this will be my only letter so I love you all!!! here are the pics
Love, Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment