Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, May 23, 2011

Fam,
First off congrats to Alicia on the wedding. Nope I didn't get the invitation. :( but hey I'm in Russia and that's how the mail system works. haha. A lot of letters I have sent to America aren't making it I guess, so that's Russia for ya haha. And Happy B-day WRANDI!!!
So this week was a great week for Elder Smith and I. Zone Conference was just what we all needed. We weren't able to meet with R~ who has a baptism date for the 1st of June because he was in the hospital and then out of town and now he hasn't answered his phone for 4-5 days. But he is solid and I'm sure all is okay. We are going to keep trying. This week when we were on splits Elder Smith and Busker met with a less active family in our area that Elder Smith and I called that hasn't been able to be met with in years. According to Elder Smith they are a great family! The mom and the dad are baptized and also the daughter but they have a 14 year old son that isn't and they are all interested in returning to church. Elder Smith and I thought how awesome would that be to be able to reactivate the family and have V~ the father baptize the son E~. It would be like the Roublee's family in the Preach My Gospel videos! We are very excited. Also we were finally able to meet with I~ and M~ who we haven't been able to meet with since we've been here. Elder Hanson and I stopped by their house and finally the dad let us in! Those boys are amazing!! They are so smart and have a great grip and understanding of the gospel. I~ is 12 and super smart and understands a little better than M~ who is 14 but they both are so great. Elder Hanson and I both had the feeling that it seemed like we knew these two little boys from somewhere. Their Dad is a great guy, he had an accident and his face got smashed in somehow. His boys are amazing! They both have a baptism date for the 31st of May. I just hope that A~ their dad will understand to let us meet more often. Then Elder Hanson and I went to S~'s (I~'s sister) house and had a meeting with L~ his other sister who came to church and his mom Lyudmilla. We taught them about the word of wisdom and President John gave them a blessing to help them overcome temptation. After the lesson L~ walks in and says to her sister "our lesson was so great today we talked about the commandments!" She was so excited. Elder Hanson and I loved it as well it makes it so great when they love to learn. The Lord is blessing us so much this truly is his work!
As I said earlier, we had Zone Conference this week and it was President and Sister Allcott's last one. :( They are so amazing and say just what we need to hear. They have done so much for our mission and will be greatly missed. Such great examples of just simply everything. Luckily I will be able to see them two more times before they go though at zone leader council in Ekat and they will come here for one final fireside. Its hard to know that they are leaving but I'm also excited for President Rust to get here. President Allcott explained to us the call process that mission presidents go through and wow! Talk about an amazing call! The Lord knows what he is doing. I love the Allcotts and will love the Rusts as well. I'm going to Kiev this week and going to the temple baby!! whoo hoo!!!!!! That's a for sure thing this time! I'm so excited. Going to the first temple in the former Soviet Union! And Its been so long since I have been able to do a session. I'm so pumped! Everything is great. The mission is such a great experience. Its definitely hard but definitely worth it. I love everything about it. Tell Josh and Travis that I love them too. And any of my friends that you see. I have the best fam and friends in the world! Big Dave should be getting home soon huh? give him my love. Love you all. Cohen and Avery sound so cute. Cohen is a stud taking after his Uncle ;) haha
Much love
Carson
So sorry I didn't answer some questions I think. Elder Z did get his package and shorts and stuff the assistants told us when they were here last week. He loves them and tells you that he loves you all so much. He really counts himself as your son and is so excited to meet you as well. :) He thinks of all of us like family. he is funny. After the talk on skype the senior couple was like "what elder Z do you think that you are part of Elder Buxton's family now?" and he said "No i already was a part of it last fall I love them soo much." I can’t wait to see him at zone conference:) He is stud. You'll love him. I would love to be your guide someday in Russia we can count on that. Also I forgot, one of the sisters that was serving in Ekat that is in my zone, she ate some of the wreath that you sent and they all loved it. Elder Z also shares haha and she says thanks. haha. Life is great. I am going to buy summer pants today and maybe a white shirt. I ruined the good one you sent me the other day I got marker on it when I was writing my name on my tie at the tie cutting of President Allcott. :( Maybe you could send me a few white shirts. Just one of the nice ones that's long sleeved and not plain and maybe a few short sleeved ones, like 2 is all. Thank you sooo much! I love you.
Love car
oh yeah, Braydee looks great without the braces. Congrats and thanks for her great letter. She is so mature. I wish I would have been more like her. She is so spiritual. :) love you Brayd

BIG DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wassss upppp!!! All is well here in Ufa the Lord is blessing us so much. Couldn't ask for a better place to be than right here right now. Ufa is a great city and it has such a great spirit about it. The branch here is great and has a little over 100 each time at sacrament meeting or around 100. We are seeing lots of progress with the investigators and members. Things are great. I love it. Thanks for all that you do for me big dude. Did you say that Oklahoma is in the playoffs? Wow who's carrying them? I'm rooting for them or the bulls :) love you lots! Let me know whats up. GO YANKS and A's I guess. ;) love you
love your son,
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment