Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, May 16, 2011

Heyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Well mom you started your email off with goodbye in Russian so i was a little confused;) but am so proud of you for knowing that! :) So Ufa is amazing! The work is going great here. The last zone leaders were wonderful! Elder Smith and I have big shoes to fill. I don't know if you remembered I~ who I wrote about last time I was in Ufa who is so great! He's one of my great friends. His niece got baptised and confirmed this last week. That was great to get here and see! One of his sisters got baptised last time I was here my first day in Ufa and this time her daughter was baptised. Also his mom and another sister have baptismal dates for the 26th of may so we are really excited about that. We have 7 progressing investigators in our area! SEVEN! It's crazy. The Lord is blessing us so much we are seeing so many miracles. A lot of it is thanks to the Zone Leaders who were here last. We white washed in for Elder Wilson who went home and Elder Decker who is now the Assistant. My companion was just barely one of the assistants to the president and also was my zone leader in Chelyabinsk. So he is great! Elder Smith is his name and I am really excited to work with him. Also we have another Elder Smith in our zone who is brand new. He is a great elder already. He's so inspiring. He talks like a coach so Elder Smith (my comp) loves him. Our zone is full of great missionaries so we are really blessed. Well I guess our mission is full of great missionaries so we are really blessed. Our first meeting here was with a man named R. He is so amazing! He has a great understanding of the gospel and quit smoking this week so he is going to be baptised the 1st of June :)
The train ride was great Elder Smith and I talked about our goals and what we want to accomplish here. The scenery is beautiful as well it is through the Ural's and its breath taking. There is a good stretch when we woke up and we were just riding along a river in the mountains and it was so green and beautiful. You can see God's hand so well in nature. The countryside of Russia is so amazing I never would have imagined. I thought Russia was cold and white all the time, but no its amazing!
There is a Sr. Couple here named the John's. They are from Idaho around the same place as President Allcott. They are amazing people! We do work quite closely with them and they help us so much. Sr couples are such a great aspect to the work. You see their desire to just give up their time to the Lord and come serve here in Russia. They are so humble and great examples. Also President John is in the mission presidency and he trains the branch leaders here and we have to do a lot of translating and things like that for them.
Thank you so much for that story about the rope team that was great and so inspiring. Also Alma 26:12 is one of my favorite scriptures. The Son's of Mosiah were such great missionaries. I have been trying to read and learn from their examples and be as diligent and powerful as they were. Such great examples from the scriptures that we can learn from and apply into our lives. Truly they were written for our day.
The contacts are the same ones. You guys look great in those pics too btw. I am sleeping really well and yes it is getting really warm here! About time to take the suit jackets off! :) its great to hear about the truff's, Jamo, and Dave. Give them all my love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much of it.
Well I better get! sorry Love you all,
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment