Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, May 30, 2011

Privet!!!
Wow, so the Kiev temple is so beautiful!! It was an amazing experience. As the temple always is and it is a great reminder to devote all my time and talents to the church. The temple is a special place. I am so lucky to be able to attend while on my mission. This week was a good one for Elder Smith and I. L~ and L~ are doing great and are really excited about the gospel. Unfortunately they weren't able to make it to church Sunday because L~ and her son got sick. But they are excited to meet again and are doing just great. R~ who has a date for June 1st has been really hard to get a hold of and called us yesterday and said that he would be at church and then didn't come and hasn't answered his phone at all since. But he is golden and so ready if we can just meet with him. I~ and M~ are also still doing great. School ends this week and we should be able to meet with them more often. It's just a matter of helping their father realize and understand. They are really sharp boys and and will be great members of the church. An accident happened with one of their relatives out in the village. So they went out there to help but they were planning on coming and should come next week. Also a week or so ago, we stopped a really nice old guy on the street and he was interested in meeting and coming to church. We stopped by a few times but he was never home. So we stopped by and right when we were going up the elevator, he came out of the elevator. He was excited to see us and said "I'm going to wash my car right now hop in and we can talk." haha It was great we went and while his car was being washed, we talked about the plan of salvation and you could tell it meant a lot to him. He himself said that it's time to change. We found out that he goes to the garden a lot. That's where he has been but when he returns he will call us back. He is going to read the pamphlets and the Book of Mormon. It was great. The part member less active family is also doing really well. They are such nice people and they have a desire to return to church. The rest of the family is shy about coming without the dad but they are planning on coming. They really want their son to get baptized. He wants to as well but they didn't accept the date. They said that he is a slow learner and will take a few months but we will work on that.
I haven't received any letters lately probably because I am so far away from the mission home 16 hours away. The assistants flew into Ufa and couldn't bring the mail and packages on the plane. Next week however Elder Smith and I will take the 16 hour train to Ekat for Zone Leader Council and get every ones mail from Ufa. I didn't get anything from the seminary yet. So hopefully if anyone wrote me then it will be here soon. Emails are great and get to me in the same week. So of course you can email Elder Z everyone is allowed to email us. We are allowed to receive, we just can't email back and they are really easy to print out as well. On my visa trip I was with Elder K. He is serving in the same zone. He is from Ukraine which is why I went to Ukraine and not to Finland. I took many great and beautiful pictures but can't figure out how to send them from this computer club. :( but soon I will. :) Yes, President John will leave the same day as President Allcott and its coming fast. :( They are so great. Both of them and their wives have done so much for our mission and me personally.
My shoes are alright. I already wore a pair of Havana Joe's out. Then when I was in the office I found a pair of echos and they are holding up for now but are wearing down as well. I still have a good pair of Havana Joe's that I am saving to keep a little nice for a little later. I bought pants and they were really expensive. I'm sorry, I tried to find the cheapest ones.hah sorry if you are confused about the shirts, 17 will be just great!!! THANKS!! I also saw and elder from the Aland's mission and told him to tell them hi from me. He is from Latvia or something. I hope that got passed on. Well I love you all soooo much thank you for your support and love! You are great.
Love
Cars
Tell K :)she is amazing 2nd in state huh? Wow. Congrats to her from me and hi. Did she get her letter?
Tell A, Hi and that she can email me if she wants. Like I said anyone is allowed to email us.

Big dude, I love you thanks for the letter! Get those miles in at the pool. Get in shape so I don't school ya in everything when I get home. ;) jk Also Candace's letter was cut off like 2 sentences in. I hope that she didn't get killed because she was writing about a crazy gang in Wayne and then all the sudden nothing, so I hope that she is alive;)Oh yeah and no the Johns don't speak Russian we translate for them. haha only the Russian Senior couple speaks Russian who is who you met on skype and the same people who the Aland's talked to probably. Well I love you all. Keep it up. love cars

Dear sister Coleman!
Thank you for your letter its so cool to hear from you.
I feel your love a lot, and I feel like I did know you before in premortal life. I`m sure that God has sent me here in this very time for a reason.
Do you know that Carson went to The Kiev Temple be fore I did:) I never have been there but he does. So that mean he almost Ukrainian:)
And you need to come in Ukraine some time too. I can show you everything there.
Thank you for everything.
Say Hi to Carson from me, and also to everyone at home.
Love you all.
Have a great week.
Your Ukrainian son. Elder Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment