Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Whats up?
So this week was a great week in Ufa. I would say one of the great miracles that happened this week was a service opportunity that Elder Cordon and I got to do while Elder Smith was on his visa trip. (Elder Cordons sister is serving in Sasha's mission in Vegas) Anyways there is a young member here in Ufa, V, who is a great strong member. Her Mom and Grandparents are pretty against the church but this week we had the opportunity to carry a couch up to the 9th floor for them haha. It was a super nice leather couch but Russian stair wells are really narrow and it ripped the couch a little bit unfortunately. When we got it up to the 9th floor it wouldn't fit in their doorway. :( Her mom was funny she was like "hey I'm a woman I saw it I liked it I didn't even think to measure it." Then they called the company and they came and took it apart and took it in the house. She was hilarious. They were extremely grateful and were extremely nice to us. It was a great opportunity to serve a part member family and at least better the relationship between them and the church I hope and pray for them.
R has been out of town and we haven't been able to get ahold of him. :( So he didn't get baptized. But he will I'm sure he knows that the church is true and he is golden. I and M also we haven't been able to meet with again yet but they are also golden. I's mom and sister are doing really well and are on date for the 16th of June. They are such a great family and really excited to learn more each time.
At the Kiev temple I did do the session in Russian. Ukrainian is kind of similar but not really I can understand the words that are the same but no I couldn't talk or even understand a full conversation in Ukrainian, I'm guessing. But they mostly speak Russian in Ukraine so I'm alright. I would love to visit with you one day as well. Especially where Elder Z is from nobody really speaks Ukrainian. School is in Russian and everything. The temple is beautiful and placed right off the highway for all to see its great.

Sounds like lots of sicknesses were at home this week. That's not good. You are all in my prayers. I have been getting Grandpa's letters and the Johns are really excited to find out if we are related. I just forgot to print the names last week to check but I will get them printed today and I'll get back to him on that. I hope and pray that everything will be okay for him. That worries me that he is not doing so well but I know that all is in the Lords hands. Give him all my love please and all the family. Great to hear that Avery got blessed that's awesome that she wore the same dress as Jamie. I sure do want to see pics when you get them. Also you said you almost lost your thumb? crazy! and this is all you say to me. "Well you probably heard I almost lost my right thumb this week." Haha Mom you cant just say that I am on the other side of the world. Where would I hear that from unless you tell me how?! haha Oh my goodness how did that happen that's not good I hope that everything is okay. And not a problem about the shirts I'm sure that they will be alright. I am praying for you all so much I hope that the sicknesses, the open wounds and the thumb losing comes to a stop though. ;)
The Allcott's leave the beginning of July. :( Today we are going to there house for Zone Leader Council and it will be there last one. :( But It's going to be great!! :) We arrived in Ekat this morning at 12 a.m after getting on the train at 8 a.m yesterday in Ufa. It's quite the ride and is extremely beautiful. The Allcotts will only be with the Rusts for a few hours then President "hands him the phone and says its all you." thats President Allcotts own words haha. Everything is great here. I'll look forward to hearing from you next week. I'm in Ekat so I'm sure I'll get my mail and packages while I'm here. I'll let you know what I got next week. I love you all soooo much. Isn't the Big D home? If he is, give him a big hug from me and tell him to write. I want to see a pic of him as well. Well I love you. Anything I can do? questions anyone has?
From Russia with love,
Cars

Dear Sister Coleman,
Thank you for sharing elder Buxton`s words, i`m really happy for him and especially because hi had an opportunity to go to the Temple. I know that I will go next time for sure and I pray that the Lord will give us chance to go together. And you have really big privilege to go to the Temple it is not far at all. I just want to encourage you to go there as often as you can. I really like and appreciate the Temples. It is the best place in the whole World!!
Thank you for everything I`ll see Elder Buxton tomorrow so I can hug him from you. I`m really excited to see him.
Take care, and say Hi to everyone there from me.
Love you all.
Have a great week.
Your Ukrainian son elder Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment