Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, August 29, 2011

First of all my heart goes out to the Horrock's family. They really are like my second family. Mar, Al and Wes are just like my siblings and Trent has always been there for me and has helped me just like a dad. I know that this is a very hard time for your family and honestly I feel your pain. My love and prayers go out to you. It is really hard for me to write this email right now but I know that everything is okay. Just as Alex said Cole is really in a better place. This time on earth is so precious to each and every one of us, however, death is part of Gods plan. I know that it is hard especially as I sit here writing this email through my tears and can't even imagine how you feel. However, I know with all my heart that God's plan is also a perfect plan and that he always knows what He is doing. I know that Cole is happy right now and that he really is with Grandpa Howard and they are having a way better time than we can even imagine. I think of the scripture in Alma that says "All spirits go back to that same God who gave them life." I know that that is true and that he is in a better place. The gospel is being preached to those in the spirit world and I know how happy the gospel of Jesus Christ makes a person. I have seen it change many lives here in Russia while on this mission and I know that the same exact work is going on there in the spirit world where Cole is. I know that right now is a rough time and it may be hard to find that joy and peace. However remember that the Savior knows exactly what you are all feeling because he suffered everything for us. Alma 7:11-13 He knows how we feel when nobody else can understand at all. I know that thanks to the Savior and his Atoning sacrifice and perfect plan that you will all see Cole again in a resurrected perfect body. I know that this is true. We can all live together forever in the presence of our Lord. I like the verse, I think that it is 2nd Nephi 33:12 if I'm wrong its somewhere around there and it reads somethings along these lines. This is my prayer that many if not all will be saved in the Lords kingdom in the last day. We all have the opportunity to return to live with the Lord again. I promise that you will see Cole again and rejoice together. I love you all so much. Thank you so much Trent for always being there for me I still know that you are there for me and I want you to know that I am here for you and your kids anytime. Thank you Al and Wes for being my brothers and Mar for being my little sister in hard times in all of our lives. I love and miss you all so much I wish that I could be there to give you a big hug for hours at a time. I know that you are all in good hands and that you still have each other though. Thank you once again I really do love you all so much and feel for you in this time of need. Remember hope in this world is only a prayer away. The Savior lives and loves us all so much more than we can imagine. I love you keep your heads up.
Your Brother,
Carson

Hey mom,
Yeah I did have a visa trip. We got stuck in Finland after missing our first flight in Moscow because of a pretty crazy story that took 3 days that I don't have time to tell right now. However, yeah we were stuck there and did end up spending a little money for food and what not. The temple was amazing and I love the things that I learn there every time. Our branch just got back from a temple trip and lots of people went to the temple for the first time and we are having a testimony FHE tonight at the Jensen's. I can't wait to hear their experiences. They all have a light in them. I also am going to the market today so I might end up spending a little more money. I hope that's okay. Also, I'm a little down about what happened to Cole. I wish I could talk to them because I feel their pain. I hope my letter helps. I didn't know what to say at all but I felt that I wrote the thoughts that came to my head from the Spirit which gives me comfort. I am okay, I'm just feeling their pain so don't worry about me one bit.

The work is going great here I love it. Share the stuff below and tell people that I didn't have much time this week.

Well this week was an interesting one because of the crazy visa trip. However it was still a great week here in Ufa. A~ is doing so amazing and growing in the gospel he finished the Book of Mormon yesterday and is loving it and applying the teachings in his life. He is a great example of prayer he really prays from his heart and soul and each time he prays I learn something. Our investigator didn't make it to sacrament yesterday because she is in a really tough situation right now and it was raining but she came to relief society and we were able to meet with her after church and she is being really open and trusting of us right now. It's great to see her progress and her trust grow. She realized that satan is working on her really hard and that God has a big plan for her. E's dad is super busy at work right now because they are just finishing up a big job at work so we haven't been able to get in with them but he is doing well. We call him often and he is reading and praying everyday. He had a date for the 27th but we weren't able to meet with him as often as needed so we will be resetting that date again soon. He is a great kid. A~ is doing great as well just finishing up a lot of work as well and we were busy when he wasn't this week so we didn't get to meet. He is still quiting smoking a little bit at a time. Yesterday, Elder Smith and I had a good experience with working with the area book and we have a potential new investigator meeting with a young 20 year old man tomorrow which we are excited for.~ That's just part of the letter and update for you.

Mom, thanks for giving all my buddies my love! Congrats to Nate. I'm proud of him. Also, see if you could get K's address for Alaska. I would like to write her too. I miss you all! much love!
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment