Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Saturday, September 3, 2011

9/3/11

Privet!!!

This week was just filled with tender mercies from the Lord. I'm glad that the Horrocks received my letter. I love them all so much. The Lord did give me a lot of comfort right away though. My companion Elder Smith was a big support and is a straight up stud. Also right after E-mail we went over to the J's to take them to the store and they gave me a lot of comfort that was much needed. The Lord's plan is perfect I know that he puts us with who we need to be when we need to be with them. I am thankful for the people surrounding me here in Ufa. Family Home Evening was just amazing! The members had such a light to them and loved the temple they shared great spiritual experiences and how they loved that everyone there in the temple was the same. It's so unlike the world everyone there had the same beliefs same values, and all had the right goal in life. Which is eternal life with our eternal families with our Eternal Father in Heaven. They talked about how it felt as though they knew everybody there like brothers and sisters even though they had just met them. Wow it was a powerful FHE and made me really appreciate the temple and the opportunity to be able to attend it on my mission. These members were on a two day train to Moscow then on an over nighter to Kyiv and enjoyed the blessings of the temple for 10 days! They talked about feelings after leaving of being super sad and then they understood why. It was because their spirit felt like it was home and didn't want to leave. It's amazing to see the sacrifice of these members to travel so far and give up a lot to make it to the temple and serve their God. They are great examples to me of how much we really need to love the temple and value it and use it as much as possible. The saints in Russia are great! And yes, I was able to attend a wonderful session in Helsinki and it was great I love being in the temple.
So for the last visa trip story. We got permission from President Rust to go to red square because we had a 7 hour lay over in Moscow. So we went and it was great and we got back later but not late in order to make our flight. So we show up to the airport and they have our flight listed on the check-in counters but nobody there to take our passports. So we go to the kiosk self serve and my ticket is not there. However Elder Fraser and Olsen's are which was weird. So we fiddled around with that for awhile and tried all we could but then we look up and the register counter doesn't show our flight at all anymore. So we went up to the counter that said all international flights for Aeroflot and the lady just said go to the other desks for Finair,(even though they work together) we said no one was there. Then we went to the service desk and they said go talk to Aeroflot and then we did that. And they said go talk to Finair, so we went back and they just said your people are always late we aren't going to help you. So yeah.... we missed our flight. Which means we can't make our returning flights later that night. Also the temple hotel was full and the hotel around the temple. So we stayed in the center of Helsinki which is really beautiful btw. Then we went to the temple the next day and did a session, ate lunch, then got on our planes back. While all this is happening Elder Smith was the only Elder in Ekat. He had a mini missionary for a day. All the youth and the Jensen's are going to Ekat for youth conference and there is nobody for Elder Smith to stay with. So he was lucky enough to get on the bus to Ekat with the youth going for youth conference. Then I flew into Ekat and then we took the 16 hour train ride back to Ufa. haha crazy right?!
So Monday is going to be zone leader council which means we are going to Ekat again!! I really do love the scenic train ride and President Bennett is going to be there! He is the second councilor in our area presidency. Then he is doing a mission tour and coming to Ufa on Saturday and we will be having zone conference with him there. So we are both getting so blessed this week with opportunities to be around general authorities. Wow, its going to be great! I'm excited.
So our investigators are doing sooo good. One accepted a commitment to come to church for a month straight and read the Book of Mormon everyday for a month straight in order to receive her answer!!! I know the Lord will bless her if she comes through. It was a thought of a commitment that came to Elder Smith and I in our weekly planning and I think it was just what she needed. Planning is so important and if you do it right which means by the spirit then you really do see the results. Also, we found a great young kid! He is 22 years old just got back from the army and built rocketship engines so he is really smart and such a stud. He is reading the Book of Mormon and meets with us often. We even just ran into him on the street a few hours ago. And he ran up and recognized us, even though we were in normal clothes because we had just gotten back from doing service which was great as well. He should also come to church tomorrow. :) The Lord is just blessing us so much. A~ truly is elect and he is doing so great. It's people like him that we are searching for, the elect. Future leaders of the church!

I did get a few things for winter. A great member in Ekat is making an overcoat for me so I'm excited to get that soon. It got really cold for a while here but now it is back to the 80's for now. Then soon it will get really cold again. I haven't bought a cool hat yet but I want to. I'm just scared to spend money. I would like to buy you all stuff too for souvenirs because who knows if I'll be able to come back someday. I would like stuff to remember the mish by. So is it okay since time is winding down that I get a few souvies. Those hats are actually kinda expensive because they are actually nice haha. So let me know your thoughts on that. Since time is winding down
:( :) idk what to think!

Glad to hear that all the friends are doing great! Tell Dave he's a stud and that I love him. I would love it if you got those addresses for me :) I will get the letters written soon. One is already written even. I send my love to Elder Z as well I'm glad that he can write you. haha Also I think he really would like an Andrea Kerilenko shirt like the one I had when I came on my mission. He really likes it but I gave it to a dear friend in Chelyabinsk. Oh yeah and elder Z's name is V~ in case you didn't know which is a short term for V~. Well, I love you lots. The Lord is looking out for me don't worry. It will be a great week. Can't wait to tell you all about it.
Much Love,
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment