Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, September 19, 2011

Privet!!!

So life is so great right now! Elder A~ is a straight up stud! His Russian is amazing. Already he speaks as if he's already been out for 6 months or better. He is from SLC, he's also 6' 4" and he's great!! I love him. We get along super well so it's great. The Lord blessed me with a great trainee. His plan is perfect. We had great training from President Rust last week at his home. Then we took the 16 hour train ride back to Ufa. It was great. I actually really enjoy the train. It's really pretty scenery along the way. We had some immediate success when we arrived back to Ufa on Saturday. We met with one of our contacts and read the last chapter in the Book of Mormon together and talked about how God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. We were able to teach to exactly what she needed to hear and there was an outpouring of the spirit. After the meeting we were talking with each other and both had the thought that we needed to share with her "Safety for the Soul" by Jeffrey R Holland, where he talks about the Book of Mormon. We had A~ help us on the meeting and we all bore powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. Then in the end she also said that she knows that it's true now! It was amazing. Next meeting we are going to give her a baptism date. It's been great to see the spirit work on her a little at a time. The Jensen's are so amazing. Yesterday, Sister Jensen shared with her how she has seen her change and her testimony grow a little at a time. They bore powerful testimony and our contact said that she believes the church is true and can tell it by the great people that are in this church and the sincerity of us all. Her and A~ are becoming great friends ;)They are both amazing people. This week we have great plans coming up to meet with her often. Also to continue to go wild and talk with everybody we can along the way in order to find those the Lord has prepared for us. The Lord is preparing the hearts of the children of men. Tonight we are going to have an FHE testimony/favorite scripture share meeting. Elder A and I are going to challenge the great members to share their testimony with their friends and family and share their joy that it has brought them. Also, we are praying for in the behalf of "those who know not God." We have been seeing so many miracles. This really is the Lords work.
Being a Zone Leader and a Trainer at the same time is actually quite enjoyable. I have a great zone and a great companion who support me and help me out as well. The Lord really is just blessing me I couldn't ask for a better situation. I will say I was a little nervous but I also knew that the Lord would qualify me for it, if that's what I needed to do. He just blessed me with a stud companion and a great zone. The J's are always around as well for support so that's great. I love everything that's going on my life right now.
I am sleeping fine. The beds aren't the greatest but we are going to get new mattress's soon for the both of us. The apartment is fine for a missionary apartment. The Jensen's say to tell you hi and that they love you. They are so great.
I haven't gotten any mail lately so maybe the ship is about to come in. :) haha Wow the kids look so big in all those pics. They all look like they've grown up a little bit. Crazy how big they are. Give them all my love. Thanks!
From Russia with Love!
Elder Buxton
PS
Tell Tyson thanks for the email and that I'm glad that he is busy with classes and life. I am also happy to hear that life stays busy after the mish haha. I think that I'd go crazy if I wasn't running around all the time. The mission is great and I love it. I would like to hit the slow down button as well because it is flying by to fast. I think it's because it's the best time of my life. I don't want it to end.

Tell Candy Cane that her letter was very touching and that I love her so much. Thanks candy cane. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment