Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, October 31, 2011

10-31-11

Privet!!
This week was a great week as always. One of our investigators is doing alright still progressing but the anti literature that she had been reading, she just cant get out of her head. She is great and we love her a lot but its frustrating because the stuff she brings up isn't even true. So it's kind of frustrating but she'll come around she knows the Book of Mormon is true. Thanks for reminding me about that story in the Liahona. I'll def check that out again. She's great and she'll come around. Yesterday we had 3 investigators at church and that was great! One is A~ an African that is such stud. I knew a little bit about him from last year. He had moved back to Nigeria but just moved back to Ufa again and got his life back in order. He said he wanted to come to church. He gave us his new number and address and we will meet with him this week. It will be a great opportunity to teach in English for us all. Also this great man named A~ who comes to English club I cant remember if I told you about him last week but his sisters sister in law touched a power cable and 75 percent of her body is burned. She had 5 kids so he was really worried about her and called up the Jensen's. He asked if he could come over and talk to us. He told us the story and told us that when it happened the first thought that came to his head was us and the power of our prayers. Well all the missionaries fasted for her this week and the Jensen's invited him to fast with us and come to church and he did. He is such a great man so Christlike. He helped us shovel the snow when he came to church and is always looking to serve. Also a young couple that I wrote about awhile back (that had seen Elder A~ Smith and I on the bus and saw the light in our lives. They had the desire to come to the church when they saw the bus stop that we got off on.) Well, anyways the husband came to church yesterday for priesthood and told us that he had been really busy but he wants to meet and come to church. He is having a lot of problems at work that I wont go into detail about. They are really promising. She is also going to have a child in 3 weeks or so. So we have a lot of good things going on here and a lot of potential stuff as well. :) The Lord is blessing us so much.

Big congrats to Jamo!! Bolivia, that's awesome. Give him all my love and support. So what is he going to speak? Also I became an uncle again that's the best news in the world. Life can't get much better. I would like pictures of my little hazel nut though ;) Tell Sierra and Ryan congrats. Give all their cute little girls my love as well. Also I got news that Elder Aiken and I will be together in Ufa again :) I have served 9 months of my mission in this city and love it so much and the wonderful saints that are here as well. Definitely is my second home and I love it so much. Such a pretty city full of great people. That's kind of a bummer about V~, but I'm glad that he is getting close to baptism. That will be such a support to that family and will help N~ out so much as well. Angels are preparing the hearts of the children of men. :) The mission is the best. I love it.

That's a little bummer about Gpa and Gma. I was so excited but I know that everything happens for a reason. That's our motto with Elder Aiken and I because we have seen soo many things happen that for sure just didn't happen for no reason. We know that God's plan is perfect and that he knows what's best for us always. Wherever you serve Grams and Gramps will be the place that the Lord needs you. I have such a strong testimony of that. The Lord knows what he is doing. That's what I am learning and striving to learn more on my mission. To have 100 percent trust in the Lord and be still and know that his plan is perfect. Of course that would have been fun to see them here though. :) Thanks for the desire to serve. We need more Sr couples.
Thanks so much. I love each and everyone of you people back home. Stay close to the Lord. :)
Love,
Elder Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment