Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, October 24, 2011

Privet!!!!
This week was a great week full of miracles as always. Elder Aiken and I have seen lots of miracles lately from speaking with everyone. There was a young couple that either us or someone else had talked to on the street awhile back, because they called us and asked about English club and then came. After English club they stayed for the spiritual thought and liked it and wanted to come to church on Sunday! Unfortunately they didn't come but they are very promising because they called us and told us that they weren't going to be able to make it that Sunday but wanted to come the next. We are hoping and praying for them. We have a ton of potential new investigators that are way promising right now and are seeing many miracles. Also a less active that we have been able to build a great relationship with returned to church yesterday and is planning on coming again. He is great. It was great to see the support of the branch and they even gave him some responsibility to help prepare the sacrament next week and he was excited about that. We had some of the best meetings with Z~ this week. She is really progressing and I think that her baptism is getting closer and closer with each meeting. Last night we read 2 Nephi 28 and talked about the great apostasy and the churches of men. She understood really well. Elder Aiken never ceases to amaze me. He is a new missionary and his Russian is amazing but that's not what amazes me. He asks great questions and he really got her thinking last night it was great to see. She shared with us her experience of how she hated the Book of Mormon at first and how she tried to leave it at the church but in that same day the sisters brought her a new one. And other situations with trying to reject it but, it just keeps coming back. She talked about how it has added a lot of pieces to puzzle and that she knows that it is true. She talked about how now she has a strong desire to read it and loves to read it. We testified of that desire coming from God and asked her what she thinks the Lord is trying to say to her. Her answer was perfect when she said that he wants her to know that it's true. It was great! I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing us with the Holy Ghost on the lesson. The Jensen's also always help us and have played a big role in her conversion. I know the baptism will be coming around soon. :) Wow that is the best news that I have ever heard about V~ (N~ brother)!!!!!!!!!! When I was there Elder Zhdanov and I wrote our testimonies in the Book of Mormon for N~ to give to him because he was still scared of his father and didn't want to meet with us. Anyways I heard that his Dad found it and ripped it up and threw it away. :( But that is great to hear that N~ is being an example to her family. I know that their dad's heart will soften and that through their great examples that he will to one day hopefully join the church. :) That was great news thank you so much for sharing that with me. I told Elder Zhdanov about that and I'm sure he will be so excited as well. :) Wow so many miracles going on in the mission right now. :) :) :)

Sounds as if you had a great week this last one. I really did appreciate what you and Jamie shared with me. Its always great to hear spiritual experiences and share them with one another. That's how we become closer. Interesting that one topic was the same. Here we had a lesson on missionary work and it was such a great lesson. A~ gave it. He is a recently returned missionary and he talked about how sometimes we as members think that we have told everyone about the church. He talked about how maybe they know everything about the church but that they don't know the church if they don't accept it. He also talked about how the church is just a place. He said we don't convert people to the church but that we convert them to Christ. Because Christ is the reason that we are all here and the reason that we have the church. It was such a great lesson I really enjoyed it. I feel like I didn't do a great job telling you about it but I really enjoyed it.

haha that's funny that sister Jensen sent you pics. She is amazing. I'll tell you what, Sr couples are such a great aspect to the work. I hope and pray that Gma and G pa's health will be good enough to come serve in the office. The office doesn't really require that great of health their apartment is really close and they are at the office a lot. So I hope it works out. That would be cool. :) I didn't get my package yet but no worries. Maybe a frisbee would be cool in a package for sport activities. That's popular and really hard to find here but whatever you want to send will be great! Thanks, I love you all lots. Thanks for your support, love and council. I love you all
Love
Elder Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment