Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, October 3, 2011

Whats up?

This week was another great one of course. Elder Aiken and I have been going wild and trying to talk to literally everybody. We unfortunately didn't find any new investigators this week but we did see other blessings from our efforts. For example two of our new investigators came to church yesterday a mother and her daughter R~ and K~ and that was a great miracle. Also yesterday we got two referrals in one day. That was great referrals always make a missionaries day :) So if you want to make a missionary happy, give a referral, and I promise you that you will be happy too. :) Our investigator is doing well. We had one of the most spiritual lessons with her this past week. It was an awesome meeting and we found out that she had stopped reading and praying a few days earlier because of some hard times going on in her life and not being able to think of anything but those problems. It was a kind of hostile environment as we sat and listened. Then we asked if we could pray and then we read Mosiah 3 and talked about the atonement of Christ and how thankful we are to have that knowledge that gives us hope in this world. We testified of the Book of Mormon and how it testifies of Christ and how the Book of Mormon and the Bible support each other. The spirit of the meeting took a 180 turn after the prayer and reading in the Book of Mormon. Then we talked about how when we read the scriptures and pray that we can take a rest from the world and think about spiritual things and promised her blessings of the scriptures. It was great and she took the challenge to continue to read and pray through the hard times. We have another meeting with her tonight with the Jensen's so hopefully that goes well. :) We have been blessed in the work. We also have a lot of potential things going on right now. I know that our area is about to bust open.
I am glad that general conference was great as usual. I really can't wait to watch it! It will be this weekend so we are all really excited about it. I'm also way excited about that temple fund because that will mean soo much to the saints here in Russia. They sacrifice so much and its so humbling and I am glad that they will be able to have a better opportunity to attend the temple. :) I have gained such a great testimony of the temple while out here on my mission and a lot of that is thanks to the Russian saints who are such a great example in wanting to go to the temple so much.
Haha I did notice that Big Al rocked the jersey. That's my boy! I'll have to get him a letter soon. I hope I'll have time to email him today. haha so the question was pretty random we were looking at a famous statue of a man on a horse in Ufa. (its on the honey jar i sent you) and they asked if we thought it was a good idea to make a statue of a teacher. We said yeah that sounds great haha. It was pretty random I don't think it was professional at all. Elder A went to Brighton high. He played ball but broke his knee when we was a Jr and couldn't play again after that. I think that I have everything that I need. Just contacts is all I can think of they are out now. I'm on my last pair. Everything is going well. Jamo wrote me this week and it made my day. Tell him I'm proud of him and happy that he is workin on the papers. I'll try to hit him up with a letter too. Much love to all the friends and Fam!
Cars

No comments:

Post a Comment