Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011



In front of a memorial to the soldiers killed in the Russian/Af​ghanistan War fought in the 80's. The statue is of a weeping mother and it is very sad. The names of all of the soldiers from Ufa who died in the war are on stone tablets around the plaza.




Thanksgiving Feast at Elder & Sister Jensens's:)

Privet!!!
So this week was an exciting one and Thanksgiving was amazing. I owe the Jensen's so much they do so much for us missionaries here. They are such great examples of dedication and genuine love. We had a great dinner and all went around the table and shared things we were thankful for. It was great to sit and reflect on families and the gospel and how many blessing the mission and everything has brought into my life. I know without a doubt that this is where true happiness can be found and true peace.
I do agree its crazy how fast time has flown. It really does seem like yesterday that I walked into the MTC thinking that I was a man and knew it all. haha Well it didn't take long to figure that out. Luckily the MTC put me to work right away. I think I was too shocked to even know what was going on so I didn't cry. (Which builds my testimony in the Preach my Gospel statement that "the key to missionary work is work. Work, work, work." Really as soon as you just work your not homesick and you realize your purpose on a mission and in life, which is to invite others to come unto Christ.) I will say that your story did bring tears to my eyes today. I have grown into a baby on the mission haha. Thank you so much for the kind words and the memories. I agree that the mission has been amazing and will continue to be amazing. The longer I serve the more I realize that God's plan is perfect and that everything happens for a reason. We just need to trust in the Lord and in his word. I have found so much strength in the scriptures this past week. It has strengthened my testimony that the scriptures really do bring peace to the soul.
My favorite part of this week was a huge miracle. A member has been having a hard time lately as well. We were able to go over to her house last week and give her a lesson. She told us that she she has been having a lot of doubts and didn't really want to come to church. But wouldn't tell us what her doubts were, it was visible in her countenance and her face. Her eyes were dark and not the normal warm welcoming face she usually has. In the lesson a sister said the spirit is prompting me to tell you something and I'm going to be really forward with you. ( I was a little nervous to translate ;) ) She then talked about the importance of a temple marriage and how it's better to be alone than to get married to someone who would bring you down and not be able to take her to the temple. After the meeting the sister asked us if we thought she was too harsh and was quite worried about it. We assured her that if the Spirit told her to say it then it was the right thing to say. That she had nothing to worry about. Later that night the member called us and thanked us so much for the meeting and said that everything was good now and she had no doubts. We went back last Monday for FHE and she shared with us the story of when Sister ~ talked about temple marriage is when her compass turned immediately back on course. She had been in the temple for the first time not to long ago. And when Sister ~ said those words she thought to herself how could you forget the plan of your Heavenly Father. How could you think of marriage and not think to expect it to be in the temple? She shared with us that she had made the decision to go inactive and it wasn't even scary to her. She then said the words of Sister ~ put her right back on the path and she understood that she had no doubts any more. When she shared that, we all had tears in our eyes and gained such strong testimony of the importance of following the promptings of the spirit. It was amazing. I don't know if I did the story justice writing it down but I will remember it for life.
I love missionary work. Z~ is doing well and accepted a baptism date for the 24th of Dec. If she knows it's true by then. E~ is doing really well. We did move his date to later in the month.
I still haven't gotten my package yet but we'll see what happens. I did get Alex's email and started writing him back last week but ran out of time. Tell him I love him:) Maybe I'll get it off today but idk I don't have much time. I love you so much. Thanks for everything.
Much love
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment