Elder Buxton at the Kyiv Temple while on a visa trip

Monday, January 9, 2012

PRIVET!!
The New Year's was great! I love this time of year. It really does seem like forever ago that I wrote you. I'm glad to hear that all went well with Wrandi's reception. And I'm definitely game for Guy's offer of 50 bucks to memorize The Living Christ. Ask him if he'll throw in another 50 if we do it in another language. ;)
My birthday was great! We discovered a hidden talent that I have. Yes, I can play a mean kazoo. haha Funny story Elder E~ got some kazoo's in his Christmas package. We got them out and I'm not going to lie it took us awhile to know how to work them haha. But we got it figured out and it sounds just like a saxophone. And yes I did get my package! Thank you I love you sooo much. Every time I hear about Cohen and Avery they sound like they are getting so big I can't believe it! I want to see them soo bad. I have the best fam in the world.
Things here are great! This week We tried some more bus singing and it was a great success! We just get on the buses and start caroling. It really does invite the spirit and soften hearts. It just makes us all sooo happy and loving. I feel a genuine love for each and every person on the bus when we sing. We have people try to give us money or candy and things like that all the time. It's quite funny to see their reactions when we don't accept the money, (notice we accept the candy) ;) and then give them a little brochure in return and invite them to know more about Christ. People even get up and start video taping us, so be looking out for the Ekat Bus Quartet on youtube. haha. It's been great we really enjoy it. It helps my testimony grow each time. We are just trying to get our name out there and known for good and service. Perm was also great! The members there are so strong and loving. We had a conference type thing and we dissolved the district there. The city was made one solid branch that can function really well in order to prepare us to become a stake. President Rust wants to have one here within a year! He is a great man and so inspired and powerful. It's a pleasure to work with him and Sister Rust. They both are great examples. Sister Rust takes care of us just like a mom would take care of her son's. She's great. Unfortunately we didn't get to met with the cab driver and its not looking to promising. :( But there are others who are elect, we will find them. I love this experience so much.
Another thing I've learned is when those I love hurt, I wish that I could take the pain from them. But we all know that the only person who can is Christ. We can't understand why some things happen the way they do or why some people that we love act the way they act. It hurts really bad and I think this is something that we all have had plenty of in our lives. I know that when things are hard and it feels like family, friends, and relatives don't understand you, remember this, that they won't fully understand you. Only the Savior can. Even though I feel like I understand when those I love hurt, I don't and I never will know all their pain. However I do know this with all my heart that ALL can overcome trials. The Lord has big plans. He loves us perfectly. When down, read the talk "None Were with Him" by Jeffrey R. Holland I don't know and understand everything but I have learned on my mission that the Lord is always near, especially when we feel alone. In fact that's when he is closest. We can choose our attitudes. We can choose to be happy no matter the circumstances. That is one thing that I have learned is that happiness is a choice. We just need to stay strong follow the commandments and we will be blessed. In Preach my Gospel one of the questions of the soul is, How can I find peace and happiness? The answer is located in Mosiah 2, and 4. Study it and let me know what you found out. I know everything can and will be healed by the Atonement. I love you all so much. Take care.
From Russia with love,
Elder Buxton
P.S. HAPPY B-DAY CANDY CANE!!!!!!!!!! Tell big dude thanks for the email and that I love him. Tell Pooch as well that I love him and thanks for his email. Tell Jamo I love him and that he will be a bomb missionary. Take care!! Much love.
Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment